If you are considering sedation dentistry in Chaska, MN, the first question you may be asking is, “Who is a candidate?” The answer to this question depends on several factors. The most common reasons people seek sedation dentistry include the following.
For several reasons, your teeth may be sensitive to touch, making dental procedures painful or unpleasant. Some of the most common causes include:
- Tooth decay – If you have untreated tooth decay, it can lead to pain and sensitivity in your teeth.
- Gum disease – If you don’t practice proper oral hygiene and visit the dentist regularly, your gums may become infected and inflamed, causing them to shrink away from the tooth, exposing more of its root surface area.
- Grinding your teeth at night – If you grind your teeth while sleeping at night, the constant grinding motion will eventually wear down the enamel on top of each tooth until they become chipped or broken off completely!
Sedation dentistry may be the solution if you’re experiencing a gag reflex that interferes with your dental procedure. A gag reflex is an involuntary response when something touches the back of your tongue and causes it to touch the back of your throat. Gag reflexes are normal but can become problematic if they trigger before you have time to prepare for them.
Anxiety or Fear
If you experience anxiety or fear of being at the dentist, sedation dentistry in Chaska, MN, may benefit you. Consider this option if you experience:
- Anxiety about dental procedures
- Fear of pain
- Fear of needles
- Fear of the dentist or unknown aspects of dental procedures
If you have limited time to complete multiple dental procedures, sedation dentistry in Chaska, MN, is for you. Sedation allows patients to receive the care they need in less time because they are not awake during the procedure.
If you’re interested in sedation dentistry in Chaska, MN, for your next procedure, visit the Chanhassen Family Dentistry.